A Potted Citrus Tree
Would you like to add a fruity touch to your flowery garden? Vegetable patches and fruit trees are a great way to add your own flair to your beloved garden! With Mica, you can have a Citrus tree filled with lemons, grapefruit or even oranges in no time! Here’s how to add this useful and aesthetic pleasure to your garden:
You will need:
- A tree with your favourite citrus fruit
- A clay pot or container
- Soil (for container plants – not ordinary soil)
- Plant the tree into the pot and add the ready-mixed soil, remember not to make the soil too dense for fertilising and watering purposes.
- Fertiliser can be mixed in with the soil; it only has to be mixed in once a year, preferably in the spring. When choosing a fertiliser, choose something specific to citrus fruits as well as high in manganese, iron and zinc.
- Container plants need more water than ordinary, open gardens. Your citrus tree will need to be watered at least once a day.
- Make sure you add extra water in the drier months as well as when it is windy and hot.
Enjoy your new tree!