DIY Kinetic Sand
Do your kids love the beach? Why not make them their very own beach sand to play with. You can get creative with colour and it will keep the kids entertained.
Things you will need:
- Water (as needed)
- 1 tsp dish soap
- A mixing bowl
- Food colouring (optional)
- ½ tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup sand (fine grained)
- A tray
- Take your mixing bowl and mix in your fine sand and cornstarch together.
- Add 1tsp of dish soap into your mixture and mix it thoroughly.
- If you wish to give your sand a different colour, take the food colouring of your choice and add a few drops to your mixture. Remember the more drops you use the more concentrated your colour will be.
- Once you have mixed the sand, cornstarch, soap and food colouring together and you are happy with the consistency, leave it out to dry on your tray for approximately 1-2 hours.
- Once your sand mixture has dried your kids can start playing with this beach sand.