DIY Wooden Couch Sleeve
06 November 2017
Are you tired of leaning over to the table to get your drink? Well stress no more! Create your very own DIY wooden couch sleeve for your drink to rest on.
What you will need:
- Wood of your choice
- Wood glue
- Miter saw or table saw
- Measuring tape
- Stain colour of your choice
- Take your measuring tape and measure the width of your chair.
- Cut your wood of choice to the width of your chair. Remember to add a little bit to the width for an easy fit over the couches arm. Cut two more pieces of wood to run down the arm of the chair.
- Once you have your pieces of wood, using your sandpaper smooth down the edges of the cut pieces of wood. You can also do this on the surface of the wood to give a smooth finish.
- Place the piece of wood that you will be using as your base on a flat surface. Then take your wood glue and glue one of your other pieces of wood to the one side of your base wood. Use your clamps to keep these two pieces of wood together so the wood can dry.
- Repeat this process for the other piece of wood.
- Once the wood is dry, remove the clamps and use your sandpaper to smooth out the edges of your wood from leftover glue.
- If you are happy with the look of the sleeve, it is ready to be stained. Dip your paintbrush into your stain colour of choice and apply it in smooth strokes to the wood.
- Leave your couch sleeve to dry.
- Once your sleeve is dry you can place it onto your couch arm and enjoy your very own DIY couch sleeve to rest your drink on.