Drilling tiles the correct way
What you will need:
- Masking tape
- Drill bits (Ensure they are safe for use on ceramic and to size)
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Before you start drilling put your goggles and facemask on to prevent injury or inhalation of dust.
- Cover the area you plan on drilling through with a strip of masking tape.
- Mark your exact spot you will be drilling
- Apply a slight bit of pressure while drilling. Take it slow.
- Dependent on your drill, go slowly or use the lowest setting. Make sure you have switched off the hammer action.
- When you reach your end point on the tile you will feel a slight jolt, keep steady.
- Once you have felt this jolt, switch your drill to its hammer action and complete the job, keeping steady.
- Once the drilling is complete and you are satisfied, use your vacuum to suck up the dusty mess. For a more proactive approach get a helping hand and let them suck up the dust as you drill before it hits the floor.