How to Prepare Wooden Furniture
What you will need:
- Old rags
- Steel Wool
- Masking tape
- Paint brushes
- Clean the furniture with a damp rag, inside and out. Dry with a soft towel or cloth.
- If really dirty, with hard to reach places, use a vacuum to suck up dirt.
- Sand rough edges and deep scratches with 100 grit sandpaper.
- Remove handles and remove indented impressions with steel wool.
- Tape off any areas you don’t want painted with masking tape!
- Now you can begin to re-prime the furniture.
- Remember to sand once again for a smooth finish once the primer has dried.
- Once smooth, paint a few layers of your desired colour or varnish on wood and let dry!