How to repaint wooden furniture
What you will need:
- Base Primer
- Semi-glossy paint – colour of your choice
Tip before you start: Whether you are sanding, applying primer or paint ensure that you do all three with the grain of the wood to ensure the smoothest finish.
- Sand the piece of furniture, either so that the raw wood is nice and smooth, or in the case of repainting older furniture so that the old paint or varnish is removed.
- Wipe the dust off the furniture with a damp cloth.
- Once the table is clean and dry paint a layer of primer on the piece of furniture and leave to dry.
- Once dry sand the piece of furniture one more time to ensure smoothness. Be sure not to sand all the primer off.
- Wipe the dust once again.
- Paint 2 coats (leaving time for the 1st coat to dry) of your chosen semi-glossy colour on the furniture.
- Once dry you have a beautiful revamped piece of furniture that you can be proud of, especially because it’s tailored to your taste and style.