How to stain and varnish furniture
What you will need:
- Wood stainer
- Polyurethane Gloss Paint
- Paint brushes
- Ensure that you have sanded and pre-conditioned your wood before beginning this project.
- Choose a desirable colour wood stainer.
- Ensure you work outside as the fumes can be quite strong.
- Sand the piece of furniture.
- Clean the surface. And paint the first coat of stainer in the direction of the wood grain. Allow to dry.
- Repeat for another 3 coats.
- Once dry use a polyurethane gloss to finish off the furniture.
- Let dry and sand down and wipe.
- Then paint a final coat of the gloss, let dry and you will have a lovely, new looking piece of furniture.