Make a Hanging Planter
What you will need:
- Hanging basket
- Fibrous lining
- Black plastic
- Quality potting mix
- Water crystals
- Selection of suitable plants
- Small plastic pot
- Small bucket
- Line the inside of basket with the fibrous lining. If necessary remove and cut it to size t ensure a better fit.
- Soak water crystals in water in a small bucket.
- Cut a square of black plastic to fit into base of basket. Use the screwdriver to poke several holes through plastic to create drainage holes.
- Fill half the basket with the potting mix. Then sprinkle the mixture with a handful of pre-soaked water crystals. Continue to fill the remainder of the basket with potting mix just short of the top of the basket.
- Make a hole in centre of potting mix in basket, large enough for tallest plant’s root ball. Position plant in centre, then pot up smaller plants around it. Water well, re-attach chains and hang.