Make a Tree Stump Side Table
What you will need:
- Tree stump
- 3 – 4 Furniture gliders
- Electric sander
- Sanding paper in a range of grades, extra-fine, fine, medium and coarse.
- Wood filler
- Wood primer
- Enamel paint
- 2 Paintbrushes
- Prepare the tree stump by sanding the top until smooth using the electric sander and range of sanding paper grades.
- Use a wood filler to fill any holes or cracks on the top to smooth out the surface.
- Once wood filler is dry use a fine sanding paper to level the surface by hand.
- Dust off the surface to remove excess sanding dust.
- Paint a layer of wood primer from the edges inwards to prevent dripping.
- Once primer has dried, lightly sand the surface by hand with fine sanding paper.
- Using the second brush apply your choice of enamel in any colour and leave to dry for at least two to three days.
- Want to add feet? Once dry turn your stump over and secure the furniture gliders with a hammer into equal areas.