Up-cycle an old Vintage Door
What you will need:
- Old door
- Mirror cut to size and shape (Cut slightly smaller in size of door area you want to replace)
- Extra strength glue
- Paint in colour of your choice (Optional)
- Masking tape
- Damp Cloth
- Sanding paper
- To prepare measure out the area on the door you want to replace with the mirror. Take the shape and exact measurements to your local hardware to have the mirror cut to size.
- Lay the door flat on the ground with the work surface facing upwards.
- Wipe the entire door down with a cloth to remove dirt and dusty.
- Ensure the area is clean and dry before starting.
- Apply a good amount of extra strength glue to the area the mirror will cover and apply to the back of the mirror.
- Place your mirror into the area carefully making sure the mirror fits snug into the area.
- Place a heavy object on top without cracking the mirror. This will keep the mirror snug until it’s dry.
- Leave to dry for at least 24 hours.
- Once dry you can paint the door or leave as is.
- Painting is optional, use a paint colour of your choice. Ensure your paint is application appropriate.
- Mask off the mirror edges to prevent messing on the mirror.
- Use the paintbrush to paint the whole door, once done leave to dry.
- Use sanding paper to sand down certain areas to give a distressed feel.