08 May 2020
Magazine Wall Art
Finding DIY activities for teenagers that don’t involve chores are hard to find. So give them an idea that they can use for themselves! Such as creating a decorative wall art piece for their room!
- hot glue sticks
- hot glue gun or craft glue
- Wooden board or card board
- Print and cut out a silhouetted shape. If you don’t have a printer you can f=draw the silhouette shape.
- Tear out a bunch of magazine pages. First fold the page in half and tear down the centre, then fold in half again and tear to make smaller rectangle pieces.
- Now get rolling! Start at the edge of the rectangle and roll the paper as tight as possible into a cylindrical shape. Tape the end of the roll to avoid it from unravelling.
- Use the hot glue gun or craft glue to glue the rolls of paper to your silhouette. Once the silhouette is covered, trim off any extra magazine pieces to reveal the silhouette shape
- Once you trim off the excess paper rolls, use the smaller cut off pieces to cover up the smaller pieces of your silhouette that are exposed.
- Time to mount your silhouette to a board. This can be a thin wood board, cardboard, illustrator board or it could go straight onto the wall.