Own a Mica
Start your own Mica store – become part of a legendary brand!
Mica was established in 1983 and with over 36 years of expertise in the DIY trade behind us, we aim to continuously re-engineer and innovate, to be at the forefront of new developments in the retail hardware industry and maximise the overall benefit of the Mica Group to all our Mica stores!
A Brand above the rest.
When you become a Mica Hardware store owner, you are provided with the entrepreneurial freedom and the flexibility to be hands on with your own individual store with the support and backing of a strong, much-loved South African brand. Mica Hardware is proudly based on a business model that allows for 80% Mica standard following and 20% store owner individuality.
Plus Mica Hardware has 4 exciting brand segments allowing you to tailor your store to a specific size and offering.
The Mica Brand has also gone above and beyond to differentiate ourselves from our competitors by offering a quality range of products exclusive to Mica.
So, if you are looking for a great investment, want to open a brand-new Mica store or even convert your existing hardware store into a well-supported Mica store – then read on for the incredible advantages of being part of the Mica family!
Are you passionate about your community?
Mica Hardware is a community driven brand. We are proud to provide our local customers with the right supplies to suit their DIY needs. When you own a Mica store, you are so much more than a hardware store, you are part of your community and their future. Your store offers you a great community base and in return Mica aims to provide those communities with expert service and advice from someone who is part of their community and knows the area just like them!
Mica’s Key Values
At Mica Hardware our values are S.T.R.E.T.C.H – this is because we aim to STRETCH our limits every single day to reach new heights. Here is what our value stands for:
- S is for Service
- T is for Teamwork
- R is for Respect
- E is for Excellence
- T is for Trust
- C is for Commitment
- H is for Honesty!
Why Should I Open a Mica Store?
- Mica offers a Member Inclusive Business Structure which means that when you own your own Mica store – you become a shareholder within the Mica Hardware business structure and you have an avenue for your opinion and ideas to be heard.
- Communication with members is key to everyone’s success and we host regular meetings and events to keep you informed! Plus, you have access to a customised, member-exclusive online portal for easy access to merchandising orders to marketing material!
- Mica offers your store incredible collective Brand and Buying Power. When you open a Mica store you are given access to world-class suppliers and trusted brands that we negotiate the best possible deals with on your behalf!
- Plus, as a Mica Member you will enjoy Rebates from many of our Mica Preferred Suppliers – just another way we can help your store become more profitable!
- Paint is an important category for all Mica stores. That’s why when you open a Mica store our Mica Support Centre offers Funding for Paint Tint Machinery to help kickstart your Mica business journey.
- Marketing is an important driving force behind the success of the Mica Brand. When you open a Mica store you receive the backing of the Mica Marketing team. Your store is supported with a multitude of promotional platforms including – Leaflets and Distribution, Press Ads, Signage and Outdoor Media, TV Commercials, Radio Ads, Social and Digital Media, Email Campaigns and much, much more!
- Your store will be provided with a fully integrated IT and Point of Sale system that easily supports a range of products, categories, a loyalty program, micro-lending financial services and more! This incredible system can also generate a bespoke report for your store – to analyse and better understand your communities purchase patterns and more!
- Upon starting a Mica store you will be provided with Store Design expertise – to ensure the traffic flow of your store is optimized. Plus, you have access to Regional Operations Managers to ensure that your store has an expert at hand to assist with Growth and Strategic Direction!
What does the Mica Support Centre offer me?
The Mica Support Centre business model is divided into different departments which all serve the Mica individual stores on their road to success. Learn more about them here:
Our Store Design Team helps members utilise their store space in order to maximise profit. They cover areas such floorspace with regards to merchandising, fixtures, counters and pay points.
Our Property Division Team offers full support to each member in terms of leases and location sites to ensure they are aware of what they are liable for and to assist with working through utility charges.
Our IT Business Systems ensure collaborative sharing of information to members. This makes stock management, trend forecasting, category management and loyalty programmes that much easier to work with.
Our Marketing and Sales Division supports members with a myriad of services including design, print, electronic media, radio advertising, websites, store launches, events and social media.
Our Procurement Team works hard to negotiate the very best trading terms and deals, and to maintain supplier relationships to ensure success for all our Mica members.
Our Category Management Team ensures enhanced business results by focusing on consistent store layout, improved merchandising standards, reduced stock holding, improved ranges and more!
Our Training and Support Team allows store owners the opportunity gain more insight, knowledge and job-related skills which can be utilised for higher quality service, increased productivity, better stock management and more.
At Mica, we don’t just sell hardware, we understand it!
So, if you are passionate about your community.
If you have the entrepreneurial gene.
If you like the idea of being an owner of a well-known branded store with hands on control and the complete support of an experienced team.
Then look no further, becoming a Mica member is the answer for you!