08 May 2020
Baking Soda & Vinegar Volcano
Science experiments are a great way to educate the littleones whilst having fun! This baking soda and vinegar volcano is the easiest science experiment where only 6 ingredients are needed.
- Plastic cup
- 3-4 Tbs of baking soda at least (4-6 Tbs can the eruption extra foamy and will do 2-3 eruptions- but you can use your own digression).
- 1 tsp of dish soap
- 1 to 1.5 Tbs food colouring/ washable paint
- 1 cup of Vinegar to start with per eruption
- Start off by filling 2/3 of theplastic cup with water and add the baking soda, dish soap, and food colouring/ washable paint inside the cup. Feel free to use as many colours as you’d like.
- While you mix the base ingredients, have the kiddos make a mountain out of the sand in the garden. Once you have a mound, put the cup on top of it, and build some more sand up around it. You can make the mountain as tall as you can.
- Give the mixture in the cup one last stir. Now pour in the vinegar and watch the volcano explode its colourful lava down the side of its mountain