21 April 2020
DIY Egg Carton Helicopter Craft
Looking for a way to put those empty egg cartons to good use? Let the kids get creative with them and make helicopters! It’s a great earth friendly activity that can keep the kids entertained.
You will need:
- Egg carton
- Split pins (not compulsory)
- Craft glue
- Paint brush
- Cut out the shapes to make the helicopter. For each helicopter you’ll need a round cup, trimmed, for the body, a pointy piece cut in half for the tail, and the rounded tip of a pointy piece for the top to attach the blades to.
- Paint the pieces all one colour, except for the cup piece (body of helicopter) which needs to have a rounded windscreen painted on the front in white.
- Whilst these pieces are drying, make your helicopter blades using a ruler to measure out some strips from card. Recommended size of 7.5mm x 60mm
- Glue the helicopter blades into a cross shape and secure the blades onto the top piece with craft glue or a split pin.
- Glue the helicopter tail to the body piece and the top to the top of the body piece – you’re all done!
Note: see image below to see how the egg carton pieces are fitted together.