08 May 2020
Upcycled Cereal Box Theatre
Get your little one’s creative juices flowing with arts and crafts and take their imagination further into creating a story! This DIY Cereal Box Theatre is a cute and compact place where action figures and small dolls can come alive!
- Cereal Box
- Craft knife/ scissors
- Paint brush
- Optional: red Fabric
- Carefully deconstruct the box so it lays flat. Measure and cut a window in the front of the box. Underneath the theatre cut a rectangle big enough for the small dolls or action figures to fit through.
- Paint the cereal box and wait for it to dry.
- Use the leftover cardboard from the window to create some props such as trees clouds etc. Once the paint has dried, attach the props to the inside of the box with tape/ glue. You can also add red fabric to create a curtain.
- Measure the ribbon to fit around your child’s neck. Use tape/glue to attach the ribbon strap to the side of the box.
- Make up a story and present a play!